A famous person once said: Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it. That person was Sir Henry Royce, founder of Rolls-Royce.
London is famous for having one of the best collections of classical cars in the world. These machines are timeless, elegant, full of finesse and sophisticated. They command love and caring from their owner and driver. Anyone would love to have a feel of this vintage experience any day. Even those who don’t have a license yet can take a step closer to these beauties and book practical driving test online! Here are some of the classical cars you can readily find in London:
Jaguar S Type
• This is a very stylish and fast car.
• It was launched in 1963 to bridge the gap between the Mk2 and the MkX saloons.
• This car is fast, has a large boot and is easy to manouvre with.
• Was a favorite in TV films and the actors themselves?
• Has a 3.8 liter engine.
• The 1965 S- type was the most popular four doors Jaguar.
• This is a classic sports car.
• It was produced between 1957 and 1961 to replace the XK140.
• It comes in three different body styles, that is, the 2-3 seater coupes, 2-3 seater convertible and the 2 seater roadsters.
• It has a very powerful engine compared to its predecessor the XK140.
• Has a 3.4 liter capacity engine.
• It is regarded by car collectors and journalists as one of the greatest 911 ever to be produced.
• The ducktail in its rear spoiler makes it particularly outstanding in a crowd.
• It was produced due to Porsche’s RennSport racing programme.
• It is made using thinner metal for its body and thinner glass ad no sound proofing. This makes it very light.
Mercedes Benz 300 SL
• It was produced in 1954.
• Its most conspicuous feature is its gull wing doors.
• It first started out as a two seater sports car but later they made open roadsters.
• The car’s designs are so that it has horizontal eyebrows. This makes it move faster as there is less drag.
• It is considered one of the most collectible Mercedes-Benz due to its low production numbers and its unique costs.
• It has been ranked the number 5 sports car of all time by Sports Car International.
ROLLS ROYCE 20/ 25
• It was manufactured between 1929- 1936. 3827 units were made.
• It has a 3.6 liter engine.
• The only parts made by Rolls-Royce were the chassis and the mechanical parts. A coachbuilder selected by the owner made and fitted the body. Some of the famous coachbuilders used by Rolls-Royce were Park Ward, Thrupp & Maberly,
Muliner and Hooper.
• It has been feats such as Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), The League of Gentlemen (1959) etc.
Mercedes Benz W111
• This car is also called the Mercedes Benz Fintail.
• The sedan version was manufactured between 1959 and 1968 while the coupe was manufactured between 1961 and 1971.
• It comes in 3 body styles that is the 4-door sedan, the 2-door coupe and the 2-door convertible.
• It has a varying engine capacity of between 2.2L and 3.5L depending on the model.
These are just but a few of the many more elegant and classic beauties that you can see in roaming the streets of London.